Who doesn’t love french toast?
It is delecious and sweet, perfect way to start the day!
This is what you need:
- Frying pan
- Tongs or a spatula
- Non-stick cooking spray
So here’s a cool recipe for french toast sticks, all you need is:
- 6 slices of day old toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup
If you want you can have 1 cupof crushed cornflakes or confectioners sugar.
1. Cut each peice of bread into thirds. Place on an ungreased 13×9 inch dish.
2. Whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, vannilla and cinnamon into a large bowl.Pour the mixture over the bread and soak for 2 minutes, turning once. If desired, coat bread with cornflake crumbs on all sides.
3. Freeze or cook. These sticks can either be frozen for later consumption or cooked right away.
- To cook: Grease frying pan with non-stick cooking spray, oil, or butter. Put pan on top of stove and set to low. Warm pan for 3-5 minutes. Place 1-3 toast sticks in the pan and set to medium. Let them sit for a few minutes. Flip when golden brown. Once both sides are golden brown take the stick off the heat and put it on a plate. Continue until you have cooked the desired number of sticks. Coat with powdered sugar if desired. Serve with maple syrup.
- To freeze: Place in a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Freeze until firm (about 45 minutes). Transfer to an airtight container or resealable freezer bag. Store in the freezer.
Remember if you freeze then when you want to cook them take them out and follow the cooking recipe!
- Be careful when using a hot frying pan or oven. If you are young, ask your parents to cook this for you.
- Allow to cool a few seconds on your plate before eating. It will be hot, and may burn your tongue.